Laughter

Laughter

Friday, May 13, 2011

Divine Intervention


Recently I went to Las Vegas with my very good friend for a weekend of relaxation and fun.  Right before I left on my trip I had a conversation with my Mom.  My Mom was in a really bad place and very tearful on the phone.  Although she called again the next morning to tell me to have fun and tell me she loved me, I still left very worried about her and hoping/praying she’d be OK.  As much as I tried, I carried a bit of that worry with me through the weekend.  

On our last night in Vegas we sat in the hot tub having a drink and were joined by two older women.  They asked us where we were from and we shared just a bit of our back story.  You know, two stressed out women who need a weekend of debauchery in Vegas… that story!  The ladies then shared with us their story.  It was a bit different than ours.  They have been friends for years.  Both are widowed and enjoy traveling together.  They told us about their trip and the activities they’d done while in Las Vegas.  I told them both how nice it was to see how active they are and how their lives are so full and rich.  I told them that six weeks before my Dad died and how worried I was about my Mom and hoped for her what they seem to have.  

Then… here comes the divine intervention… They both shared with me that they were widowed at 54 and 58 and felt much the same as my Mom.  One of the ladies said that her husband was my Dad’s age and she my Mom’s age when he died. They both got out of the hot tub and one of the women turned towards me and said “Honey, you tell your Mom that everything will be OK.  She’s going to be just fine. Tell her to stay active and surround herself with friends”.  They then walked away.  

As I watched those two angels walk away I got teary eyed.  I looked at my friend and said “that was divine intervention.  Those ladies were meant to meet us here tonight to deliver me that message.”  I have a true belief in a higher power.  Let’s not beat around the bush… I believe in one God and believe that He holds me in his hand during the crappy time.  Anyway… I’ve prayed daily for proof of two things, that my Dad is OK and that we are going to be OK.  I get little bits of peace here and there but it doesn’t ever really seem to be enough.  On this night, it felt like peace to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment